This guide explains how to switch card products when the old and new products have the same program ID but different BINs.
If the old and new card products have the same BIN, see Using the Switch Product endpoint in the Switching Products guide for instructions.
When this procedure is completed successfully, a new card account with the new product ID is created, and it shares a balance with the old card account. The new card has a new PAN, CAD, expiry, and CVV. The new card and account are active and the old card and account are canceled.
These program parameters are related to card-activation behavior.
|CANCS||Used in conjunction with CANOC, it specifies the status that a card must be in to be canceled when a new card is activated. Default: |
|CANOC||When this parameter is set to |
When this parameter is not set, other active cards are not canceled. This parameter must be set at the program level to cancel cards with different product IDs.
- Call Add Account with these parameters:
accountNo;<PRN or PAN of product 3333>
- Galileo returns the new PRN, PAN, expiry, and CVV,
- The emboss process creates a new emboss record in
- When the new card is included in the batch file to send to the embosser, Galileo sends the
SHIP: card_shippedevent message.
- The embosser mails the new card to the cardholder.
- When the cardholder activates the card, you receive the
BACT: card_activatedevent message.
- During the activation process, Galileo checks CANOC at the program level:
- If CANOC is
Y, the old card is canceled.
- If CANOC is not set, the old card and account are still active. Call Modify Status with these parameters:
accountNo:<PRN or PAN of product 3333>
- If CANOC is
Modify Status with
type: 2cancels the old account but does not change the status of the cards associated with the account; however, with the account in
status: Cthe cards cannot be used. See Closing accounts in the About Accounts guide for other ways to cancel an account, such as
type: 16(change both account and cards to
status: Z) and
type: 23(change both account and cards to
status: D). Make sure your chosen method does not cancel related accounts that you want to keep open, such as savings accounts.
Updated 7 months ago