The guide describes the endpoints and workflows for creating and managing post-purchase Buy Now, Pay Later.
This table lists the actions for both credit and debit transactions and the related Program API and Loan API endpoints.
|Create a plan/loan from one or multiple eligible settled transactions in a debit or credit account.
|Create Loan From Transactions
|Create a payment on a single loan, either from a primary or external account.
|Create Loan Payment
|Create a payment on the loan, either from a primary (Galileo DDA) or an external account.
|Check the payments made to date on the loan and receive an update schedule of future payments required.
|Get Loan Payment Schedule
|View individual installment status across all installments.
|Get Loan Installment Statuses
|Charge off an account.
|Update Loan Status
|Check the status of the loan, such as the current balance, loan cycle, and the remaining payments.
|Get Loan Status
This section contains workflows that illustrate the processes for creating and managing a Buy Now, Pay Later: Post-Purchase service.
- Your customer reviews recent settled transactions and selects up to five transactions to move into a BNPL: Post-Purchase loan/plan.
- You perform the underwriting to determine the offer you want to extend to the customer.
- You present the offer to your customer.
- The customer accepts the offer and terms of the loan.
- You use the Posted Transactions RDF to determine the settlement key for each transaction.
- You call Create Loan From Transactions endpoint to create a loan for the sum total of the selected transactions and any fees associated with the BNPL: Post-Purchase offering and specify if funds are disbursed to a Galileo DDA or an external account. See Creating a Loan from Transactions guide for details.
- Galileo validates the following details:
- The selected transactions are not part of an existing installment loan.
- You have the required information about the customer.
- The selected transactions are settled.
- Galileo creates the loan and sends confirmation of successful loan creation in the Create Loan From Transactions response.
- Galileo also notifies you the loan was successfully created via the
The customer pays the BNPL: Post-Purchase in installments at the defined schedule in the offer.
- You use the Daily Loan Status, Daily Loan Installment Status, and Daily Transaction files to track when a customer's next payment is due.
- You can also call theGet Loan Status endpoint or Get Loan Installment Statuses endpoint to get loan statuses for customers.
- The customer receives the notification and initiates the payment.
- When a payment is due, you call the Create Loan Payment endpoint to execute the payment.
- Galileo sends the Create Loan Payment response in confirmation of a successful payment.
- Repeat steps 1–5 for the remaining installments.
- On the last payment, you receive a notification from Galileo that the loan/plan is paid off (
- You notify the customer that the loan is paid off and closed.
Updated 11 days ago