In October 2021 we updated the direct-render PIN-set procedure, clarified ACH hold days, added two new endpoints, updated STIP information, refreshed our docs site design, added another new guide, clarified endpoint response field data types, added information about virtual card expiry and CIP testing functionality, added new guides, revised and expanded About Card Transactions, and added 16 new Recipes. Click October 2021 to see the details.
Update to the direct render PIN-set procedure
We updated the Direct Render PIN-Set Procedure to include a new provision for using multiple stylesheets.
ACH hold days clarification
In the About ACH guide, we added details about the timing to clarify how hold days are applied to outgoing ACH debits.
We added two new endpoints to the Program API:
- Switch Product — Use this endpoint to switch a current account to a new product. You can also specify whether to reissue the card, whether to generate a new PAN and expiry date, and whether to emboss a new physical card.
- Reissue Card — Use this endpoint to reissue an existing card. You can also specify whether to generate a new PAN and expiry date and whether to emboss a new physical card.
Updated STIP information
We updated information about stand-in processing (STIP) in the Authorization Controller API guide.
Refreshed site design
We updated our documentation site design and user experience to improve page-load times, usability, accessibility, and alignment with the Galileo brand. Changes include:
- Splitting API reference documentation into separate pages for each endpoint
- Moving Pro documentation under the docs.galileo-ft.com domain
- Removing the landing page at docs.galileo-ft.com (and routing that traffic to the Pro docs by default)
- Refreshing the overall site design
We're excited to bring you these improvements! Now that the changes are live, we recommend updating any bookmarks or links to our docs that you may have in your own internal documentation.
We added a new guide, Authorization Controller API, which is for those clients who are using the Auth API in the authorization stream. It contains advanced information about the checks that Galileo performs on authorization requests as well as explanations of the Auth API fields.
Endpoint response field data types
We clarified that some program API endpoint response fields may return a string or an integer, depending on the value.
- Get Account Overview savings interest amount fields usually return a string, but may return an integer if the amount is 0.
- The Create Payment
fee_amountfield and Reverse Payment
fee_reversal_amountfield usually return a string, but may return an integer if the amount is 0.
Virtual card expiry
We added information about how to reissue expiring virtual cards in the About Cards guide.
CIP testing functionality
In the Customer ID Verification (KYC/CIP) guide we added a note saying that you can test Galileo's integrated CIP functionality in CV if you have the CIPEV parameter enabled.
We added these new guides:
- About the Events API — Events API scenarios, setup and configuration, and information about event triggers and testing.
- About the Raw Data Files (RDFs) — What the RDFs are, how to use them, plus a separate reference for the RDF fields.
About Card Transactions expansion and revision
We have divided up the About Card Transactions guide into one main document and five subdocuments to make it easier to access the information you're looking for. We have also added details about various topics. The new subdocuments are:
- Networks — Explains credit vs debit networks and primary vs secondary networks.
- Authorization — Provides details about authorization and its variants such as preauthorization, incremental authorization, upcharges, balance inquiries, partial authorizations, and AVS checks.
- Settlement — Explains the settlement process as well as completion and backouts.
- Crediting Cardholder Accounts — Describes transactions that move funds from the merchant to the cardholder account: reversals, merchant credits, card loads, and disputes.
- Card Transaction Examples — Contains all of the example transactions that were in the original About Card Transaction document.
We added sixteen new Recipes—four Program API responses and twelve Auth API v3 webhooks. Use the Auth API v3 webhook samples to test your Auth API endpoint, and consult the Program API responses to see how basic transactions are represented. Click the clipboard icon at the upper-right of a Recipe to copy the code.