This scenario has been updated. The previous version did not show Mastercard merchant credits arriving through the authorization stream. This version shows a merchant credit first arriving in the authorization stream (Auth API webhook) before being processed as an adjustment when the settlement batch file arrives.
A debit cardholder receives a gift worth $150. The cardholder does not want to keep the gift and returns it to the original merchant. The merchant provides a $150 merchant credit on the cardholder's debit card. The following are true:
- The initial available balance is $1000.
- The merchant validates the debit card with a signature.
- The network is Mastercard Banknet.
- Galileo processes merchant credits from Mastercard Banknet as adjustments, which is different from other networks.
Events in the same step have the same timestamp.
- Mastercard sends a merchant credit authorization request for 150.00.
- Galileo approves the request but does not credit the account yet.
- Mastercard sends a clearing file with the 150.00 credit.
- Galileo posts 150.00 to the cardholder account as an adjustment. The available balance is now 1150.00. Galileo sends a
These tables show how the transactions are represented by various Galileo systems. For an explanation of the
trans_code field, see Classifying transactions in the About Transactions guide.
|BADJ||adj||150||8822||0||1150||2023-09-22 03:35:11 MST|
|TRANSACTION AMOUNT||AUTHORIZATION CODE||TRANSACTION CODE||REVERSAL ID||TRANSACTION DATE/TIME|
|TRANSACTION AMOUNT||AUTHORIZATION CODE||TRANSACTION CODE/TYPE||SOURCE ID||TRANSACTION DATE/TIME||POST DATE|
|150.00+||8822||ADC||8822||2023-09-23 15:18:48||2023-09-23 15:18:48|
This transaction is not returned by this endpoint.
This endpoint returns only settled transactions. These transactions are also returned by Get Account Overview.
|150||8822||0||ADC||2023-09-23 15:18:48||2023-09-23 15:18:48|
This endpoint returns the same transactions as the All Transactions screen of the CST.
|150||None||0||ADC||8822||1150||None||2023-09-23 15:18:48||2023-09-23 15:18:48|